A Video Content Marketing Roadmap
How to make your video content marketing relevant and searchable
You want your video and webpage to rank in SEO, right? Video is taking over the world of branding and marketing. It’s also playing a much bigger role in SEO results than ever before. The problem is, the landscape is changing so fast, if you’re not working in the industry (and even if you are!), it is challenging to keep up with what are the best strategies for SEO. This blog by Margot da Cunha does a great job of breaking down some of the most vital marketing tactics for your video content.
I broke down Margot’s tips into a simple list for all of us who don’t have time to spend reading full-length articles and blog posts.
9 Ways to Optimize your Video Content for Search
- Choose the right video hosting platform
- Using YouTube & Vimeo are great if you’re just trying to get your video seen, but NOT if you want people to go to your own site
- Create a video transcript
- Viewers will be able to read your subtitles when their volume is off
- Your captions will actually create more searchable text, great for SEO
- Create an engaging thumbnail
- Even take photos specifically for thumbnail if necessary
- Thumbnail picture must be relevant to the main video theme
- Video Title and Description must be engaging and relevant
- Make sure your underlying webpage is also relevant and optimized for SEO
- If your site is awful, there’s a good chance your video will face an uphill battle to be ranked
- The video you want ranked highest needs to be the first video on your page
- If possible, make the video the focus of its webpage
- Only embed each video in one location on your website
- Multiple locations lead to your videos competing against each other
- Don’t only focus on SEO for your video
- Lots of other supplemental ways to market your video: FB, Twitter, Instagram, (other social media outlets), paid video advertising, and even having your partners share it!
If you’d like to know more about how to produce engaging and SEO-friendly video content, or would just altogether rather leave it to time-tested professionals, reach us at WK Studios! We’d love to work on your next video project with you.
#videocontent #video #marketing #branding #seo #results #WKStudios